Welcome to the third day of my Blog-iversary Celebration. Today I am offering another fun Blog-iversary gift to one lucky winner, but first I thought I should answer a few questions from previous days.
1. What is the name of the dinnerware? It is Bordallo Pinneiro, and is made in Portugal. It comes in a pink, green, yellow, etc. I have the pink and use it for Easter and girlie events. I also have a yellow cake pedestal cake plate with bunnies that is great for Easter and summer! I love collecting dishes and glassware, and especially the Bordallo!
2. How did you make that Princess Cake? In spirit of full disclosure, I did not make the princess cake. It is a photo of a princess cake made with the Cricut Birthday Cakes cartridge and was used to advertise the cake machine. I "may have" nabbed the photo to use as a birthday cake photo for the blog-iversary!!
3. Can you share your Chicken Salad Recipe, it looks yummy? The recipe was originally published in Cooking Light magazine and I have been making this recipe (with variations) for the last 8 years or so. I will give you the recipe as I made it for the luncheon:
Curried Chicken Salad
4.5 Cups of cooked chicken breast, cubed
2 Cups of red grape halves
1 20oz can of pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve juice for apple bath)
1 large apple, diced (put the diced apple in the pineapple juice to help prevent browning. Drain juice and add apples only to the salad).
1/3 Cup of craisins
1/2 Cup of sliced almonds
Combine in a LARGE bowl and mix well. Prepare dressing and mix to combine.
3/4 Cup of light Mayo
2 Tablespoons of Honey
1 Tablespoon of Curry (this DOES NOT make the dress "hot")
1 Tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 Teaspoon each of salt and pepper - or to taste
Whisk together and mix with the salad ingredients. Chill four hours prior to serving. Serve over mixed greens.
Now, on to today's Blog-iversary gift: A CGull Cricut Premium Tool Kit!
The CGull Premium Tool Kit includes 12 high-quality pieces -
- Black/Green Leatherette Case with Magnetic Strap
- Bone Folder Tool
- Small Scraper Tool
- Large Scraper Tool
- Exacto Knife
- 2 Extra Exacto Blades
- Small Scissors
- Stainless Steel Tweezers
- Hook Tool
- Scoop Hook Tool
- Narrow Blade Spatula Tool with Rounded Tip
- Wide Blade Spatula Tool
I especially love the scraper tools for clearing small cuts off of the cutting mats! But the other tools are awesome too!
You know the drill - leave a comment under this post to be in the drawing for the tool kit. The tool kit, Nursery Rhymes cartridge, and Yourstory winners will be announced on Friday!!
Thanks for coming by to celebrate with me!!!